Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 13: Sunset / Day 15: Silhouette

Hopefully falling behind won't be a habit...


I'm a sucker for sunsets. And sunrises, back when I used to work really early.




Silhouette of birds! Pretty self-explanatory.


Tomorrow I'll catch up completely! Ideally. :) Today was a great day spent in Boulder catching up with people! And I also got some down-time to read in Starbucks. They had Christmas music and surprisingly, I enjoyed it. It was cold outside, warm inside, and I was reading a great book.


Realization today: I'm being taught over and over again that I can't arrange my life the way that I want it. I'm not God. Seems obvious, but for so long I've been trying to control aspects of my life because I felt that it wouldn't happen otherwise. For example, relationships. But I end up pursuing so much that it gets run into the ground. I'm left feeling drained for trying so hard for nothing, and wondering why things aren't working out. The truth is, I shouldn't try so hard. Let it go, and let it be. It's not easy, but it needs to be a daily reminder for sure.


And that is all for tonight. Goodnight :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This great to see. Thank you for sharing. Lunch was fabulous and seeing you and Elise was really great!

    The insights you have and write about are thought provoking. I am honored to know you!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lara!! That means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete