Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 23: Childhood



Hello, friends.

I know, I know...I still haven't done day 22. That one may come at a later date. This one was a picture of something that reminded you of childhood. As I was cleaning out my room, I found my baby blanket in the bottom of my bottom drawer of my dresser. I picked it up and immediately had the urge to tie it around my neck. So I did, obviously...and walked around like that for a little while to my parents' amusement. When my brother and I were younger, he had these superhero pajamas, Batman and Superman to be specific, that had detachable capes. Well, I was SUPER jealous...so I made my make-shift cape and we took turns taking our best flying jumps off of the fireplace and couch arms. Good times :)

I haven't touched my camera in a couple weeks, and that makes me sad. When I have the time these days, aka when I'm not working or unintentionally committing to things that take up every inch of my free time, I just want to zone out and indulge in hallmark movies (always a happy ending) and try to sleep. Throw in knitting, a glass of wine, a couple of crazy cats (gross), and I might as well be 40 years older. Someday I'll move out. But I don't want to wait for life to start until then...yet I feel like I have no other choice. Life is moving, but part of me still feels stuck. What I've learned these past couple of weeks though, is that I need to make time for these kinds of things. For my camera, for my guitar, for things that keep me sane. And I promise to work on that in the coming weeks.

Work has been going really well...I love my co-workers, and I'm so blessed by that.

Hope you all are well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment